To Play the Game
To play Game to Be Green you will need the game board and the following pieces
- 18 Asset Cards.
- 36 Energy tokens.
- 60 Powerline pieces.
- About 50 Ownership markers (depending on the number of players).
- Paper play money, like Monopoly money, helps keep score but is not essential.
If you do not have any of these, they are all available online or can be made from common items. (Click here for details.)
Setting Up the Game
- Place all the Energy Tokens on the area of the board marked Coal Power Plants.
- Place all the Asset cards and powerlines to one side.
- Each player chooses a colour and takes all the ownership tokens of that colour.
- Each player receives $300 million in a 2- or 3-player game; $250 million in a 4– or 5– player game or $150 million in a 6-player game.
Playing the Game
- Decide who goes first by a throw of dice or any other agreed method. From that person, play then goes clockwise.
- Go to www.greenbizcafe.com/game, start the game and click "Start the Build Phase". Each move in the game is displayed on screen at www.greenbizcafe.com/game. The screen is designed to work with smart phones as well as on computers.
- Read aloud the description of what has happened, click "Continue" and follow the instruction.
The winner is the player with the most income-producing assets (measured in “Energy Tokens”) and cash when the game ends.